Danny Jordaan Has not Been Billed for Electricity for Seven Years


By Oliver Ngwenya    13-Jun-2015 21:23 UTC+02:00
Mayor of Nelson Mandela Bay. Danny Jordaan is said not to have been billed for electricity for the past seven years.  Image: News24

Mayor of Nelson Mandela Bay. Danny Jordaan is said not to have been billed for electricity for the past seven years.
Image: News24

In shocking news, it has emerged that the recently appointed Mayor of the border town of Nelson Mandela Bay, Danny Jordaan, has not been billed for electricity for the past seven years. This follows a report that was in the Weekend Post which appeared on Sunday and which the publication said they have a document which attested to the fact that the Jordaans have not received bills for the usage of electricity in their Summerstrand home since 2007.

According to the publication, the person responsible for the utility bills in the Jordaan home, Roxanne who is the wife of Danny said they have not received bills from the municipality. She said that this followed the burning out of their electricity meter which she said she had reported to the municipality a long time ago. She said that this illustrated that her family was not at fault. She reiterated that she had gone to the offices on several occasions to report that their meter had stopped. This was confirmed by a spokesperson from the municipality, who said that it was true that the meter had been reported to the municipality that it was faulty and not moving.

This latest development adds yet another black spot to Danny Jordaan’s otherwise illustrious career in sports administration and, of late, politics. Recently, Jordaan was appointed as the mayor of Nelson Mandela Bay municipality on an ANC ticket in a controversial move that was quietly condemned by some members of the ANC in the municipality. Since his appointment, there have been further calls for him to make an appearance and take charge of the town. Since the surfacing of the 2010 World Cup scandal in which the South African Football Association, under Jordaan’s leadership, is accused of paying a bribe of $10 million to FIFA for securing the hosting of the world soccer showcase.


Leave a comment