With the global pandemic restricting life as we know it, a growing number of brick-and-mortar casinos have resorted to offering live dealer games on virtual networks. This might be the answer to poor revenue as casinos slowly resume operations after staying shut for months.
While online gambling emerged as an unlikely hero during the pandemic, offering amateur and veteran gamblers a way out of boredom, it lacked the human element. Live dealer games have stepped in to fill this void. Hosted at dedicated facilities, often within the casino, they live-stream gambling activities that are accessible via smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
Players can, therefore, experience the perks of a brick-and-mortar establishment right from the living room. With every passing day, the popularity of live dealer networks is slowly increasing, and the trend is only going uphill from here.
In accordance with this, Casino Bee has created an ultimate list for new casino sites in 2021, where players can visit during the pandemic and play their favourite games.
Why are Live Dealer Casinos Perfect in a Post-COVID-19 World?
Live dealer networks have their share of advantages as far as online gambling is considered. Here’s our list of five crucial perks over traditional gambling.
- No Gambling Limit – While physical casinos are still operating under COVID-19 restrictions like 25% capacity, no such limits apply on live dealer games.
- Greater Human Interaction – Online gambling is traditionally devoid of human interaction. Live dealer games have upped the ante by introducing the virtual chatbox. But at least you’ll draw live reactions and responses from the dealer. While this isn’t a replacement for land-based casinos, it takes the experience a notch higher.
- Unending List of Games – When live casinos were initially introduced, they offered a limited selection of games. It was difficult to come across options beyond blackjack, baccarat, and roulette. However, with time, the portfolio increased, and we now have European roulette, Sic bo, Three-card poker, Texas Hold’em, Mega Ball, and Monopoly Live, to name a few.
- Higher Gambling Odds – One of the most significant downsides of online gambling is the higher house edge compared to online casinos. Brick-and-mortar establishments generally have higher operational costs and are hence more expensive for the players. While live dealer games are costlier compared to online gambling, their expenses are still within the threshold.
- Free Bets – Live dealer games often offer free bets as part of their promotional package. This is unlike physical casinos where the bonuses are limited. Of course, the wagering requirements are similar, but you might as well take advantage of the offers when you still can.
Can Live Dealer Games Replace Brick-and-Mortar Casinos?
Well, the short answer is no. But it does a great job of replicating the ambience at a time when physical casinos mostly remain out of commission. While you might not be able to fly down to Vegas at the moment, you can sign up on a live dealer network and enjoy a game or two. And that’s precisely what we need at the moment!