SA Government May Have Let Al-Bashir Go in Fear of African Isolation

Some sources in the South African government have revealed that it would have been unthinkable for their government to have arrested the President of Sudan, Omar Al-Bashir as had been requested by the International Criminal Court. This emerged on Monday after it was announced and confirmed that the East African leader had landed back home in Khartoum despite a court order that had been issued by a Pretoria court giving clear instructions for the South African government to en... Read more »
by Oliver Ngwenya | Published 11 years ago

By Chelsea-Summer Lodewyk On Monday, June 15th, 2015

High Court Dismisses Marikana Application

The Pretoria High Court has dismissed the urgent application ordering President Jacob Zuma to release the Marikana report. The presidency confirmed that the report will be released by the 30th of June this year... Read more »
By Oliver Ngwenya On Sunday, June 14th, 2015

South Africa May Arrest Sudanese President Omar Al-Bashir

After rolling out the red carpet for all the African leaders in South Africa for the African Union Summit which is currently being held in Sandton in Johannesburg, the ANC-led government seems to have found its... Read more »
By Oliver Ngwenya On Saturday, June 13th, 2015

Danny Jordaan Has not Been Billed for Electricity for Seven Years

In shocking news, it has emerged that the recently appointed Mayor of the border town of Nelson Mandela Bay, Danny Jordaan, has not been billed for electricity for the past seven years. This follows a report th... Read more »
By Oliver Ngwenya On Friday, June 12th, 2015

Eskom CEO Brian Molefe Calls Strikers Traitors

The acting Chief Executive Officer for the Eskom, Mr Brian Molefe, has described the workers that are on strike at the Medupi plant as traitors who are bent on destabilizing the country at a time when the compa... Read more »
By Chelsea-Summer Lodewyk On Wednesday, June 10th, 2015

NPA Deputy Head Charged with Fraud and Perjury

Deputy Head and Head Advocate of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), Nomgcobo Jiba, appeared in the Pretoria Regional Court on Wednesday on charges of fraud and perjury. The charges link to Jiba’s u... Read more »
By Oliver Ngwenya On Wednesday, June 10th, 2015

Marli van Breda Returns to School

Marli van Breda, one of the two survivors of the Stellenbosch axe murders, has started going back to her former school on a full time basis and is said to be coping well with all her work to the extent that she... Read more »
By Oliver Ngwenya On Sunday, June 7th, 2015

FIFA Crisis: Morocco, not South Africa, Should Have Hosted the World Cup in 2010!

As the FIFA crisis deepens, more absurd and dramatic claims are beginning to emerge. One of the revelations is that the right to host the 2010 FIFA World Cup was won by Morocco rather than South Africa, who bec... Read more »
By Chelsea-Summer Lodewyk On Friday, June 5th, 2015

Panayiotou Bail Application Denied

The Port Elizabeth Magistrates’ court has denied murder accused Christopher Panayiotou bail. The presiding Magistrate, Abigail Beeton said that Panayiotou and his legal team failed to show any plausible c... Read more »
By Chelsea-Summer Lodewyk On Thursday, June 4th, 2015

Panayiotou to Hear Bail Judgement on Friday

Christopher Panayiotou, the man accused of organising a hit on his wife Jayde Panayiotou, will hear his fate on Friday morning. The 28-year-old businessman and club owner will find out whether or not he gets ba... Read more »