Major League Soccer, also known as MLS, is a professional soccer league that the United States Soccer Federation sanctions. It is the top soccer league in America. The tournament constitutes 24 teams, three Canadian teams and 21 teams from the United States. Popular bookies such as Betway allow punters to wager on the Major League Soccer. But, many gamblers don’t understand the rules and styles used in MLS. Here is an insight into MLS.
The Major League Soccer Presentation
The 2019 MLS season featured 24 teams. Most of them were from the U.S while the rest were Canadian clubs. Major League Soccer has two conferences, the Western and Eastern conferences.
- Eastern MLS Conference teams: They include Atlanta United FC, Chicago Fire, FC Cincinnati, Columbus Crew SC, D.C. United, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, New York City FC, New York Red Bulls, Philadelphia Union, and Toronto FC.
- Western MLS Conference teams: They include Colorado Rapids, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, LA Galaxy, Los Angeles FC, Minnesota United FC, Portland Timbers, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders, Sporting Kansas City, and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
The soccer team that leads in the MLS league standing at the end of the season receives the Supporters’ Shield. They also qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League. The U.S. Soccer Federation changed the MLS Playoffs format this year, 14 teams will take part in the single round playoffs. Punters who participate in Betway soccer betting can wager on which teams will feature in the playoffs. The MLS Cup final game will be played on November 10, 2019.
The MLS Payoffs have high stakes. Each round comprises of one game. The teams will compete in a knockout format. You can bet on individual matches or those that will reach the playoffs final.
MLS Betting Options
The Major League Soccer has different betting options. They include:
- Over/Under or Total: Some gamers call the over/under option as totals. It is the number of goals that will be scored in a particular game. You can wager on the number of times one team or both teams will net the ball.
- Moneyline: It is the most popular bet in Major League Soccer. It involves picking one team in a matchup. The team you wager on in Moneyline should win for you to win the bet. It often has higher odds compared to other bets.
- Futures: Unlike most soccer leagues, MLS allows bettors to wager on future sports events. For example, you can bet on which team will lift the MLS Cup or will be relegated to lower soccer leagues. Most future bets have a large margin. It is advisable to read the latest team news on the club you wagered on as the winner of the MLS. If you place a future bet, the bookie will hold your money until the sporting event ends. It will fund your account if your prediction was correct.
Top soccer players from all over the world have gained interest in the Major League Soccer in recent years. Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, David Villa, Robbie Keane, and Steven Gerrard signed with various MLS clubs. They previously played for top soccer leagues such as the English Premier League. The United States Soccer Federation increased the number of teams competing in the league from 10 to 24 clubs.